Cycle 2 Gamechangers.
September is our 1 year Anniversary month. So as a tribute to our 1 year in the bloggersphere, we are going to catch you up with cycle 2. And next month we’re going to roll out our new gamechangers. FYI: The day has moved to Wednesday for Featured Gamechangers.
These ladies have all made a name for themselves prior to being featured on Women Are Gamechangers. If you haven’t checked out their stories, read now. You don’t want to miss out knowing who these ladies are. We are so honored to have featured each one of these ladies on their journey. I have been able to support a lot of these women either in person or online. In fact, one of them will be speaking at WAGC Bootcamp.
They will tell us in their words what they are up to now. Let’s reconnect with the ladies of Cycle 2….
- Sanya Hudson-Payne: I recently transitioned into the VP of Publishing for 1209 Publishing LLC. I am the host of a well-received New York radio show, 1209 On Air found on 90.3 FM every Wednesday from 3pm-4pm (outside of NY go to www.the1209affair.com), promoting my latest book “A Love I Can Trust” and facilitating youth empowerment and adult professional workshops across New York City.
- Pernilla Higgins: VSTAR appeared on Great day Houston last week. We served 111 female youth between the ages of 3 and 16 at our Free Annual Back 2 school event this past Saturday. Kroger and the Fort Bend boys and girls club were some of our sponsors. We are currently registering girls 3-18 for our Fall dance classes which begin September 8,2012. For more details and for online registration visit our website at www.youarevstar.org.
- Dr. Nina “beautifulbrwnbabydol” Ellis-Hervey was featured in People Magazine’s edition of people who lost 100 or more pounds.
- Claire Brummell: It has been an exciting few months here at Feminine 1st! I have literally just finished a week in the studio filming my “Femininity for the Single Woman – How to attract the relationship you desire and deserve by being Feminine First” video product and I’m about to go into a week of unplugging from the online world to get my book of the same title finished and ready to go! I’ve spoken at numerous events, and have received my first international speaking invitation which I am really looking forward to! It’s been very busy, but fabulous…and there’s lots more ahead!
- Jasmine Crowe: So what’s new, hmm… I would say we are kicking off a fall capacity building tour for nonprofits on Saturday, September 8th in Atlanta the tour is called Thrive. BCG just celebrated one year, we have been nominated for a Black Weblog Award too.
- Kai Soremekum: I’m currently working on season two of my Superhero web series CHICK as well as developing it into a television show based on all the amazing guidance I was given while participating in the prestigious Producer’s Guild Diversity Workshop this summer. I’m just wrapping up post production on two episodes of a docu-drama series I directed for HBO Canada. And I shot a top secret commercial that begins airing on the internet in September.
- Karla Romero: Karla Romero continues to garner support in MA as she runs for Congress in the 7th District of MA. Ms. Romero is now one of 298 women across America running for a seat in the House of Representatives setting a new record. Karla Romero is a GAME CHANGER in politics, she has already set an historic record in MA as the first woman of color to run for Congress.
- Jamie Fleming-Dixon: Right now, I’m working on building my new coaching services and products that guide women inliving their most fabulous lives. I’m also working on my second book,Flyy, Female and Fabulous, which will feature interviews with women who have their dream careers; it will be out in early 2013.
- Gamechanger of the Month~ Jamie Fleming-Dixon
- Gamechanger of the Month~ Jasmine Crowe
- Gamechanger of the Month~ Kai Soremekun
- Gamechanger of the Month~ Karla Romero
- 2011 Gamechangers Update