I began blogging 4 years ago on this blog this month. But I really began on my very first blog, Praying for Purpose in 2009. I started blogging as a way to express myself ie my frustration with the way things were going at the school I was teaching at. I felt that if I expressed myself then I could try to hold my tongue. Well that isn’t exactly how I operate. So fast forward to July 2011 when I was officially unemployed on my 27th birthday. I was devastated, I started searching for a job to no avail. Months went by. A friend suggested I started blogging again. And during Rosetta Thurman’s 31 Days to Reset Your Life Challenge I started this blog. That’s the brief version. And you can get the entire version in my memoir once it’s published.
To make a longer story short…
- I blog as a way to share what I know, learned, experienced, researched and done with all of you.
- I blog because written communication is the most effective way for me to communicate.
- I blog as an outlet for all the things floating around in my head.
- I blog because I want to continue teaching in some capacity.
- I blog as a way to release my emotions on a given topic.
- I blog to showcase the knowledge I have.
- I blog because I know my words motivate women to go after what they want and not wait for it to happen on its own.
- I blog as the platform for my business.
- I blog to build a legacy.
- I blog because I can’t see myself doing anything else.
I love what I do.
- I love helping women figure out how to reach their niche audience.
- I love helping women find money to fund their business.
- I love helping women create profit streams based on what they actually want to do in their business.
- I love letting people see my mistakes and learn from them.
- But what I love most of all is living life the way I choose to and being okay if it doesn’t appease everyone else.
I can honestly say it brings me joy knowing that I have helped women make money from the things I know and have done.
Who wouldn’t love doing that?
Now on the flip side do I like it? Yes, but some days not so much. I don’t like the grunt work that takes place behind the scenes but if I wasn’t diligent the last 4 years I wouldn’t be here. So whether I like doing something or not my love of blogging supersedes it all.