Well time sure does fly. I can’t believe it’s August. Next month will be our 1 year Anniversary. Can you believe it? We can’t. And in 1 year, we’ve done so much. That discussion is for another blog post coming next month. So stay tuned. Today I’m going to share how busy October will be for us. Why? We want to give you time to put us on your calendar. And since you are a part of our community, we want you to take part in what you can. So what do we have going on? A lot.
- October 6 is our 1st Annual Fundraising Gala. We’re so excited. Unfortunately we had to move our 1 year Anniversary celebration to October because I really wanted this particular venue. But it will be fine. We’re still going to par-tay. We are excited to also raise money for a nonprofit that is near and dear to my heart. I was a speaker and panelists at the CLEE Conference in March. This was when I finally got to meet the kids I supported via social media and through our 1st Gamechanger Sharon Roberson-Jones. Man, those are some bright kids. So I had to help in a way I knew how. By raising money. I encourage all of our readers if you are able to donate what you can and get your family, friends, email list, etc to donate as well. There are two options to support Excellent TEEN Choice, Inc. You can come to the celebration, which we encourage if you live in Houston, by donating $20 or donate what you can as an online ticket. All proceeds will go to them. We are donating everything we get to help ensure that the youth of tomorrow get what they deserve to help them stay on a positive path.
- We will be a part of the launch of Pinkbook. Women if you are a start-up, existing, growing, expanding business and wanting national exposure, Pinkbook can help. We are partnering with them to help expose more women owned businesses to the country. This directory is for all women owned businesses from across the country. We are helping women in business take the burden off marketing and advertising by teaming up with you and spreading the word about what you do. The main reason we joined forces with Pinkbook is because they will donate a portion of your fee to support women and youth organizations in the community. Now don’t you want your money put to good use? We sure do. They are also having Pink week to prepare for the launch of the directory. Can’t wait to paint Houston pink for a week. And it’s not related to Breast Cancer, either. Just fyi.
- October 20 is the day for WAGC Bootcamp. The speakers are thrilled, I’m patiently waiting to share my knowledge with you and we all get to connect and network while learning. It doesn’t get any better than that. Right? 5 dynamic speakers are coming at you with information to help you implement social media strategies into your marketing plan. If you can’t make it, we will be live tweeting and on Facebook during the entire event as well. Hopefully we can figure out Google+ hangout. If we do, those tickets will be available to those of you who can’t attend or live outside of Houston. But again, that is not a guarantee, so you want to attend in person if possible. ‘
- The last big thing of the month is the Texas Conference for Women. I’m super excited to be a part of the social media street team. I’ve wanted to go to this conference for a while now. It used to be in Houston, but it’s in Austin this year. So road trip :) If you follow WAGC online you know we have been sharing information with you. Last year over 5,000 attendees came to network, connect, learn, share and shop. Will you be one this year? I’m looking forward to some of the speakers like Patti DeNuchi. She is a leader in the same field I’m in. She is a master networker and I can’t wait to hear what she presents.
As you can see, sleep will be in short burst for the month of October. Who cares? We’re hosting and attending events that will empower women in business and that’s the most important aspect of what we do.
What are you doing to empower women or yourself in business? How are you connecting or networking to grow your business?
- Get LinkedIn
- Moving From Online to Offline
- Wicked Success for the Gamechanger in Business
- Biztacular Minds- Have You Found Your Mastermind Group?
- FYI: I Finally Connected with Marshawn Evans at her Launch Your Dreams Tour